The IFCC confers several Distinguished Awards to scientists and clinicians who work in clinical chemistry and laboratory medicine or related disciplines. These Awards are the highest honours that our Federation can bestow to colleagues worldwide in recognition of their outstanding achievements, to publicize their exceptional research and other contributions that have improved medical and healthcare, and to stimulate and encourage other scientists to accelerate their efforts in advancing clinical chemistry and laboratory medicine.
The IFCC and its Awards Committee, call for nominations for the following IFCC Distinguished Awards for presentation at the IFCC Congress in May 2023, Rome (Italy).
These awards for 2023 are listed below and a more detailed description of them, including the former honorees, can be found clicking on this link.
- IFCC-Henry Wishinsky Award for Distinguished International Service since 1990 (IFCC Distinguished International Services Award 1981-1987) – sponsored by Siemens Healthineers.
- IFCC Award for Distinguished Contributions in Education – sponsored by Abbott Laboratories.
- IFCC-Robert Shaffer Award for Outstanding Achievements in the Development of Standards for Use in Laboratory Medicine – sponsored by NIST CLSI.
- IFCC Young Investigator Award – sponsored by Snibe.
Nominations are welcome from the President or National Representative of the nominees’ national society, which should be a member of the IFCC.
Each nomination should contain:
1) a statement as to the reasons for nomination,
2) a full CV of the nominees including a bibliography,
3) other letters of support (optional);
4) copy of passport or ID card for the IFCC Young Investigator Award.
Documents should be sent to Silvia Colli-Lanzi of the IFCC Office (email@example.com).
The closing date for receipt of nominations is 31st December 2022
Following IFCC Distinguished Awards will be presented in May 2024 Dubai (UAE) and a different call for nominations will be issued in due time:
1. IFCC Distinguished Clinical Chemist Award – sponsored by Yashraj Biotechnology Ltd.
2. IFCC Award for Significant Contributions in Molecular Diagnostics – sponsored by Abbott Laboratories.
3. IFCC Distinguished Award for Laboratory Medicine and Patient Care.
4. IFCC Distinguished Award for Contributions to the Cardiovascular Diagnostics – sponsored by HyTest.
5. IFCC-Gérard Siest Young Scientist Award for Distinguished Contributions in Pharmacogenetics – sponsored by Biologie Prospective.
6. IFCC Distinguished Women Scientist Award for Contribution to In Vitro Diagnostics – sponsored by Yashraj Biotechnology Ltd.